Monday, 11 April 2011

but you can't out-wait fate.



Hey look, it's Jena!  Wave hello :)



outfit details:
shift-worn-as-a-blouse - vintage
navy camisole (not visible) - American Eagle
vest - thrifted and modified
cutoff shorts - American Eagle
sequined flats (you can't really see them) - Nine West
belt- Kohl's?
camera necklace - charm purchased at a local craft fair, and I strung it on brown ribbon :)

My dear friend Jena from Charming Anachronism and I had a fantastic photoshoot yesterday, taking advantage of the gorgeous spring weather!  We used my dad's spiffy Canon Rebel T1I and had an absolute blast!  We each picked two outfits, and two hours, 300 photos, and many glasses of homemade Arnold Palmer later, the shoot concluded.  It was so much fun, and I can't wait for more!

One of the backgrounds we used for the shoot was the white fence separating my neighbor's property from mine.  The horses were frolicking about, so we decided to climb the hill and see if they would participate as well - and two of them, the brown and gray ones pictured here, were thrilled to play along!  Well, ignoring the fact that we bribed them with handfulls of grass.... but still!  They were sweet :)

I usually take all my own photos, so this was a nice experience in being able to model for someone else, and when it was Jena's turn in front of the camera, an opportunity to photograph someone else.  I'm hoping with practice, I'll improve in both areas!

I have a three-hour rehearsal tonight for Alice in Wonderland, so I must dash at the moment, lovelies.  I hope you have a wonderful week and enjoy the spring weather!

Cheers!
Shayli

PS - I've been thinking of changing the design of my blog to be more stream-lined, as well as so the photos can be bigger and not be cut off (like the right sides of these are!)  What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I love the natural look of these photos. You seem so happy and at ease in front of the camera, especially with the horses :) And your camera necklace is just beyond adorable!
    xox,
    Cee
    http://cocoandvera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Cee!

    And Jena, thanks for being a fabulous photographer :)

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a comment.
Don't want to make my day? Leave a comment anyway!
Include your blog address and I'll take a look.