Monday, 4 April 2011

my sweetest downfall.





 Oh yes, I write on my hands.... how classy!



outfit details:
striped shirt: Kohl's
skirt: Kohl's
tights: Target
belt: borrowed from my mum
scarf: vintage
pin: vintage, gift from my grandma
owl earrings: Charming Charlie's
bracelets: all self-made, except for the gold one (vintage, also from my grandma)

As spring approaches, sickness encroaches.  Yikes, doesn't that sound like a slogan of some sort?  I've probably been reading way too much Brave New World, but I can't help it!  English class, what art thou doing to me?


What I was attempting to say was, I stayed home sick today, so I figured I'd use the time to a) sleep, b) catch up on homework, and c) oh yeah!  Update that gosh-darn blog!  :)  These photos were taken a few days ago while I was still staying at my cousin Zack's house.  Forgive the somewhat-blurriness of the first few photos - Zack was taking them, and I do believe the camera was too big for his little hands!  Not to mention the distortion that happened because he was too short to be on the same level as me sitting on the porch railing....  All the same, he was quite a lovely helper, and afterwards we amused ourselves by taking photos of him in the poses of my previous blog post (specifically, looking "dead).  


I hope I'm not corrupting this poor child!


Yesterday, when I cough probably should have been doing homework cough, my mum and I went on a mini-shopping spree!  Granted, I only ended up with some nail polish and shoes (and frozen yogurt - mmm!!), but it was fun all the same :)  My fingers are now a pretty lilac colour, and the shoes I bought at Nine West are spring/summery and will most likely make their way into an outfit post soon!


As for now, Brave New World is threatening to restrict my soma rations if I don't finish my English homework.... (literary nerd reference?  no?)  Therefore, I must depart, my lovelies!


I hope you enjoyed your spring day!


Cheers,
Shayli


PS - My locket-pin has nothing inside of it, either!  What should I do?

2 comments:

  1. I love the soda top bracelet!!! xD You are so creative.

    ...the whole outfit is AWESOME. you've got quite a neat sense of style my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Lisa! :)

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a comment.
Don't want to make my day? Leave a comment anyway!
Include your blog address and I'll take a look.