Tuesday, 3 May 2011

but... but pancakes!





outfit details:
sequined dress - Kohl's (it was on the clearance rack for less than $10 - what a steal!)
light denim shirt - Croft & Barrow
belt - I have no idea, thrifted?
converse - DSW

If you know me at all outside of the blogosphere (I've never said that before - is that a term?  I think it is... but it sounds funny, haha), you know that I am an absolute glutton when it comes to bread and chocolate.  As much as I love the French language, I think I'll have to ban myself from ever going there, because if I do, I'll eat so many baguettes and chocolate croissants that I won't fit on an airplane back home!  Because of this, I am in absolute agony right now:

For twenty-one days, I have given up bread and sugar (and dairy, to a lesser extent).

The agony!

In my family, I'm the vegetarian who never eats vegetables.... only carbs!  So this is my effort to 1) learn some healthier eating habits (vege-whats?) and 2) see if I can make it the whole 21 days.  I've always been the type of person who, when confronted with a challenge, even if it's tough, finds it hard to turn the challenge down.  Which is why, when my dad teasingly said I couldn't live a week without bread, I accepted the challenge - and then some.  Several times a day I've found myself wondering why I had to be stubborn and accept this challenge (usually when I'm staring at a particularly delectable pastry item, or Dr. Pepper [my guilty pleasure when it comes to sodas, oh my....]).  Over all, though, I think it'll be rewarding.  I gorged myself sick on breads and delicious foodstuffs while I was in Mexico, so now seems like the perfect time to re-learn how to eat healthy.

It's like spring cleaning, but for my belly!

Wow, what a pathetic slogan.  I'd rather just eat some pancakes.

But, anyhow, I'm on my eighth day today!  Tomorrow I'll be cheating a little, by having a small bit of home-made macaroni & cheese that one of my good friends is making (but hey, I can't anger my favourite chef!), but other than that, I've been pretty good about sticking to my challenge.  Who knew I had such self control?

I'm counting down the days....

Cheers!
Shayli

PS - The outfit photos today are from the outfit I wore yesterday - it was so unbelievably comfortable and fun!  And to make that day better, I got a full 12 hours of sleep..... ah, how I love going to sleep at 6pm!  Haha :)

PPS - Woah!  I just noticed that my Converse look navy in the photos.... I wish they were!  That'd be super cool.  But they're actually just plain black, sorry!

6 comments:

  1. Your hair totally looks purple in this! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmygosh, it does! Haha the light was doing all sorts of strange things! xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress is adorable. How bold of you to pair it with Converse. You pull it off effortlessly!

    Jen
    houseofjeffers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Jen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so cute! it looks comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! It was absolutely comfortable, which is unexpected in a sequined dress, haha! :)

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a comment.
Don't want to make my day? Leave a comment anyway!
Include your blog address and I'll take a look.