Wednesday, 29 June 2011

the only water in the forest is the river.








A few of these are blurry, but I adore the colours!!
















outfit details:
dress - Lapris
belt - Kohl's
shoes - Elle by Kohl's
bracelet - Kohl's or Target

Today was a sleepy day.  Of course, I would choose the first sunny day in a while to sleep all day... because that's literally what I did!  I woke up around 8-ish, ate breakfast, read a little Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, then fell asleep in the living room.  I woke up a little while later, migrated upstairs to my bedroom, and fell asleep again.  I woke up for good around 3, when my mum came in to show me this dress she'd bought me while shopping!  It's made of a gorgeous semi-iridescent fabric and, on top of being really pretty (I mean, woah, a strapless dress I actually enjoy wearing!!), has these cool button tabs on the inside of the skirt that let you decide how much, if any, shirring you want on the skirt.  Pretty nifty!

Seeing as I slept the day away, my actual outfit was pyjamas and a dressing gown at the more awake points.  Today's outfit photos are showcasing my planned outfit for tomorrow, because I doubt I'll have time for any photos tomorrow: I'm going to the dentist for a cleaning (so much fun... *winces*), then having my friends Haley and Julie over for a Nerf sword battle (yeah, we're that cool), a sleepover, and a photoshoot on Friday.  I'm going to spend all my free time picking out fun costumes and ensembles for the photoshoot - it's going to be so much fun!

I'm so happy today's sky was beautiful and cloudless!  Don't get me wrong, I love rain, but too many overcast days in a row have me scrambling for inspiration and outfit photos!  They make me want to lounge around in my pj's all day, drink tea, and generally be a hermit, haha.  Here's to sunny days and extracting my mind from the hermit mentality!

Cheers,
Shayli

PS - I took off my camera's polarizing filter, and I think that helped me achieve the look I was going for with incorporating the sunlight as backlighting.  Yay!

2 comments:

  1. These photos are so beautiful!

    The sunglight in the background looks really professional

    http://blushandzero.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Laura! :)

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a comment.
Don't want to make my day? Leave a comment anyway!
Include your blog address and I'll take a look.