Saturday, 25 June 2011

with the aperture set on "happiness".

Trekking through the woods!  In... heels?








This would have been a nice picture if it weren't for the horrid dark circles under my eyes...






Begin wedding photos that I snagged on my own memory card!
The guestbook was super gorgeous :)

Mmmm, chocolate!  This was the cake I had - it was so good!

I think the coconut was the crowd favourite, though, haha.
Murphy had fun sneaking into the wedding party's photos.
He only has three legs, so he has the most adorable limp!

I thought these tiny prayer flags were so sweet!

Once I was relieved of official photography duty, a couple of my friends and I went on a walk.
We took a trail called "Dead Dog Lane" and found a pet ceremony.
Look at how old this grave marker is!!

The only flower in a huuuuge field!
Enter: my front garden.  This is where I took today's photos :)






outfit details:
beaded blouse - New York & Co.
cutoffs - American Eagle
belt - Kohl's
boots - Elle for Kohl's
old camera - Yashica (my dad's old film SLR)


First off: I know, I know, I know.  I am a horrible humanoid-type creature who should no longer be allowed to run a fashion blog if all I wear is denim cutoffs.  I'm sorry!  The summer heat has gotten me stuck in a rut where all I want to do is wear shorts, and the only pairs I really like are my two pairs of denim cutoffs and one olive green pair that's sort of utility-style.  I really need to get a few more pairs once I go shopping (that one trip was postponed :P) so I'm not wearing the same shorts in every other post!


Now, onto the really exciting part of this post.  Today I photographed a real, live wedding!  It was the second marriage for both of them - Lara and her two kids go to my church, and I'm friends with Karl's daughter through church as well.  (Well, "church".  It's not really.  Ish.)  I used an 8 gigabyte memory card, took about two thousand photographs (!), and gave the card to Lara so she can play with the photos how she likes, and pick out her favourites.  Once she gives me the card back, she's given me permission to post some of the photos on here!  I'm super excited - it was a beautiful, casual, intimate ceremony in a friend's backyard in the country.  I'll save most of the descriptions, as the photos will show you everything when I post them, probably mid-week.  


Two other girls, Ellie and Harper, also helped document the day.  Ellie video-ed (how do you say that?) the whole ceremony, and a lot of the reception as well.  I can't wait for her to craft the footage into a video that I can link to here - it's going to be gorgeous, I know!  Harper was another photographer, and she and I worked together to get as many angles as possible.  This was surely the most well-documented wedding in history!


Oh and also, yes, I wore this photographed outfit to the wedding.  Like I said, it was quite casual and if I'd have worn pants I would have died!  And a skirt would have left me in some awkward positions while I was capturing photos.  Anyone who's ever seen me at work trying to get a photo (when I'm behind the camera) will testify that I will generally contort my body into whatever position is necessary to get the photo I want!  I needed to wear shorts to be mobile.  Oh, and the white?  Hey, the bride wasn't even wearing white.  She was wearing a very pretty iridescent brown gown :)


Photos will be up sometime later this week!


Cheers,
Shayli


PS - I think I'm addicted to macro photography!  It's absurd - I kept being annoyed because I couldn't use my macro lens to photograph the whole wedding, haha.

4 comments:

  1. The last picture of you is one of my favorites of you of all time. <3

    And I can't wait to see the photos from the wedding!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you Lisa! I'm super excited to see the photos as well - I want to see which ones the bride likes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looove those boots! You look absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Vanessa! <3

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a comment.
Don't want to make my day? Leave a comment anyway!
Include your blog address and I'll take a look.