Sunday, 5 June 2011

worlds not yet discovered.











ooh look, books and things!

My bedroom is a mess of glorious book-ness.



outfit details:
lace camisole - Elle for Kohl's
denim-ish shirt - Croft and Barrow
jeans - Kohl's
sequined flats - Nine West
sunglasses - Target
colour-tastic bag - a little kiosk in Mexico

Today was a lazy day which begain at 4:30 in the morning.


Woah, hang on a second there, what!?


Here, let me explain.  Yesterday evening, my darling friend Jena (of Charming Anachronism) came over to my house for a photoshoot/sleepover combo.  Our plan was to catch the sunlight around dusk for some pretty photos, and then in the morning try out some dawn light for the first time.  The dusk photos were great, but when we woke up for the dawn ones, we realized that I am a failure at setting alarms on analogue clocks, apparently, and had set the alarm for 4:30 instead of 5:30!  Oh, Shayli, good gracious....  Aside from that slight mishap, however, the dawn photos turned out lovely as well (except that I now have about 50 million bug bites on my legs) and I'm super excited to show them to  you when I wear the outfits this week :)  Stop by Jena's blog and look at her adorable outfits and spiff-tastic photos (if I do say so myself, haha)!


The lazy part of today (which was nice, after such an early awakening!) included talking to close friends about what makes us happy - namely the fact that summer holidays begin in a week - and organizing my bedroom.  Well, by bedroom, I really mean one half of my bedroom.  And by that, I really mean my bookshelves.  Because let's be honest - does the rest of the room even matter if the bookshelves aren't organized?


The first book-shelf-y photo shows my twin book cases, filled to the brim with books.  Before I went on my cleaning spree, the books residing in the vintage suitcase between the shelves were literally spilled across the floor, having fallen from a nearly four-foot pile of reading materials.  I couldn't just leave my poor books out in the open, flailing every which way with their little paper arms and crying, "Read me!  Read me!" pitifully!  So I stacked them in pretty piles in the suitcase and vowed to pay some special attention to each one by reading them this summer (I love reading with a fierce passion, but because of all my school work, I have little time for pleasure reading during the academic year, how sad!).  I hope I can get around to reading all of them, or at least the ones I've been wanting to read/finish for a while, such as Edgar Allen Poe's works, Hamlet (Shakespeare), Frankenstein (Shelley), Anna Karenina (Tolstoy), Leaves of Grass (Whitman), Les Miserablés (Hugo), The Hobbit (Tolkein), and of course, The Devil Wears Prada (Lauren Weisberger)!  Currently, I'm immersed in The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver, and it's a phenomenal book!  I highly recommend it, as with all the other marvelous novels (classic or contemporary... or travel guide, in some cases ;) ) sitting in the trunk.


What are your summer plans, bookish or otherwise?  Despite the heat, I'm looking forward to a fun and relaxing summer :)


Cheers!
Shayli


PS - Oh, my outfit!  Right, that thing, haha.  I was pretty worn out from trying on different styles of Jena's and my photoshoot, so I just threw on some comfortable jeans, a camisole, and my go-to button down shirt.  Denim on denim? I thought to myself.  But by that point, I was too tired and/or lazy to care.  And anyways, it doesn't look that bad, I don't think....


PPS - Yes, I know I'm a nerd.  And proud of it!  :)

5 comments:

  1. You are just too beautiful. <3

    I love these pictures! absolutely stunning!

    And BOOKS!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3

    :D The second pic is my favorite... but there are so many good ones here! GREAT PHOTO SHOOT! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Lisa <3
    The second photo is my favourite, too!
    You know I love me some books! ^_^
    And yes, PANTS! Who'd have thought?

    PS - Your FACE is stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos look great in the sunset.I can't wait to see the sunrise photos too :)I'm loving the sequined flats

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, thank you so much! I'll be posting the photos Jena and I took tomorrow, most likely :)

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a comment.
Don't want to make my day? Leave a comment anyway!
Include your blog address and I'll take a look.