Wednesday, 6 July 2011

i do believe in nargles.









The spectrespecs do awesome things to light!

Oh so stylish...






One final spin was definitely necessary.

outfit details:
sheer grey stripe-y shirt - Gibson
pink lace skirt - Kohl's
white lace tank top (you can't see much of it) - Elle for Kohl's
high tops - Converse
spectrespecs - Quibbler
(aka Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando, Florida)

One of my absolute favourite characters in Harry Potter is Luna Lovegood.  Quirky, clever, and positively hilarious (likely without meaning to be), she's teased by many, but is braver than most.  She, along with Harry, is one of the few students who can see thestrals (skeletal winged horses which can only be seen by a person who has witnessed death), and believes in all sorts of creatures that not even witches and wizards believe in, like wrackspurts and nargles.

Plus she wears radish earrings - which the actress, Evanna Lynch, actually made herself.  I mean, how cool is that?

Talking about nargles has one of my favourite songs by the Whomping Willows stuck in my head now.  If you're a Harry Potter nerd like me, you should definitely have a listen.  I'm going to see them (well, him) live on Saturday!


If you're not a Harry Potter fan, I kinda sorta half-heartedly apologise for this post.  But not really, because I'm absolutely in love with the series and am absorbing it for all it's worth before the last movie premiers on the fifteenth.  Ye gods, I'm gonna cry.

Cheers!
Shayli

PS - It was impossible not to twirl in this outfit.

PPS - According to the Quibbler, spectrespecs allow you to see wrackspurts :)

3 comments:

  1. You look like you are having a ton of fun in this outfit, yay!

    I love the spectrespecs, they look darling on you.

    Yay Nargles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh also, I like your shirt :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracias, dear! I do love my spectrespecs :)

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a comment.
Don't want to make my day? Leave a comment anyway!
Include your blog address and I'll take a look.