Sunday, 10 July 2011

maybe she's not like everyone else.





My shoe... came unstapled!  How strange.









Testing out my new camera :)

Mmm, ginger basil lemonade!

FROZEN YOGURT YUM YUM YUM!


Sky!

Haley, Sky, and Ellie :)



Haley was getting footage of Sky's eye for a vlog post.  I wonder how that's going to work out?

Help!  I'm being accosted by YouTube vloggers!  I feel inferior - I just take still photos!  Haha.

Swing swing swing!

We met our friend Claire there, which was awesome.
Claire moved away a few years ago, so it's so much fun to see her!

outfit details:
skirt - Target
grey tank top - American Eagle
white lace tank top - Elle for Kohl's
strappy heels - American Eagle
woven belt - Kohl's
necklace - self-made
(it has the Deathly Hallows symbol painted on one side, and the TARDIS on the other)

I have two blog posts for you today, and they are going to be in reverse order.  The first one is about yesterday, when I went to a wizard rock (music about Harry Potter, just to clarify the nerdiness) concert with my friends Haley, Ellie, Sky, and Claire (whom we met at the concert).  Performing were: Armoured Bearcub, Lauren Fairweather, The Whomping Willows, and Justin Finch-Fletchley.  It was such a fantastic experience!  This was the second "wrock" concert I've ever been to, and the atmosphere was fun and welcoming and just great.  These concerts are usually small,  but I like that better than a huge concert anyway, because the musicians actually interact with the audience members (Sky got a setlist from one musician!), you get to meet other nerds and Harry Potter fans, and it perfectly embodies the Harry Potter ideal of friendship.

Before we drove up to the concert, we met downtown at a neat little restaurant that serves all local and organic foods.  We ordered just appetizers - two huge baskets of fries and a loaf of freshly baked bread.  It was so good!  I had ginger basil lemonade, which was served in a GIANT mason jar.  It was really good, but I couldn't finish it!  Between the four of us and my mum, we couldn't even finish all the food we bought, haha.  While we were waiting to leave, we also stopped by a vintage boutique, where I bought an adorable red skirt!  I'll wear it soon and show you :)

As I've already mentioned probably (have I?  no idea), I'm feeling really sentimental and nostalgic and sad-but-happy-and-excited-at-the-same-time about the last Harry Potter movie release on Friday.  What does that mean for this blog?  Well, expect lots of nerdy posts about Harry Potter for the next week or so.  If you've been following for a while, you've probably already gotten an idea of my nerdiness, so fear not - this will just be that same nerdiness, amped up a bit, and with some tears thrown in.

I'm sorry that this whirlwind weekend didn't allow for any posting, but I hope to make it up to you with two posts today.  One down, one to go.  Huzzah!

Cheers,
Shayli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to make my day? Leave a comment.
Don't want to make my day? Leave a comment anyway!
Include your blog address and I'll take a look.