Tuesday, 13 September 2011

honesty is not my best quality.



I wish the world was in black and white.  I adore it.






outfit details:
shirt - Ross
dress (worn as a skirt) - Charlotte Russe
floral flats - DSW
necklace - from my mum


Therefore I want to be Sherlock's buttons.  Ah, yes, have I not introduced you to my new favourite television series ever?  Well, actually, it's sharing the top of the list with Doctor Who (of course) but as it's newest, it's receiving special attention today.  The BBC miniseries Sherlock, written by Steven Moffat - who also writes for Doctor Who - and Mark Gatiss, is absolutely brilliant.  It's a modern retelling of Sherlock Holmes, set in 21st century London.  Benedict Cumberbatch plays Sherlock, and one quick Google search will tell you how happy that makes my eyeballs.  It doesn't hurt that he's a fantastic actor, either, and that he sounds like Alan Rickman!  Woah, sexiness overload.


I was doing some back-reading through this blog, and I came upon a post where I said I wanted to be more "honest" and tell people what my true thoughts are.  Well, honesty is a great virtue to have (usually), and I promise I'll never outright lie to you here, but sometimes (er, most of the time) I don't feel like delving into my personal emotions and displaying what comes of that on the internet.  Now, I'm a very opinionated person, but with emotions I'm not usually too open anyway, so for me to display that on my blog would be completely against my own personality.  And being true to my personality is a form of honesty, yes?


So, when I want to gush about my favourite television program, I'm going to stop feeling bad about it, or "fake", and just have fun with it, because that's honestly what I want to talk about at that moment.  Tomorrow I may surprise you with a deep, life-changing epiphany, but today I've laughed and cried myself out reading fanfiction (don't judge me!) and I'm just out to hook you on the best show ever.  So there.  That's today's dose of honesty.


Cheers,
Shayli

2 comments:

  1. We all have TV shows that we don't like to admit we watch. I have lots of those.
    But because I enjoy your blog so much, I just might have to look up Sherlock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've come to accept that I'm a nerd, so I'm perfectly okay with admitting I watch nerdy shows like Sherlock and Doctor Who, haha! It's just that sometimes I feel a bit shallow talking about television when I could be, I don't know, saving orphan children in Africa or something.

    You should definitely give Sherlock a go! :)

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a comment.
Don't want to make my day? Leave a comment anyway!
Include your blog address and I'll take a look.