Thursday, 6 October 2011

i won't want for love.







Ooh look, a pretty piano!

sweater - Aeropostale // dress (worn as a skirt) - American Eagle // boots - Marc Anthony for Kohl's // necklace - a vintage key strung on ribbon

Though this week has been rather trying, there were a few things which brightened the tired haze considerably.

Un - Four of the six projects I've had looming over my head have now been turned in.  Thank all the gods that be!

Deux - We got a piano!  My dad found a piano in a nearby neighborhood; it was being given away for free because the family was moving and didn't want it.  And it just so happens, my dad also knows a piano-moving guy.  So all we have to do is have it tuned, and it's perfect!  I'm so happy - I've always wanted a piano!!

Trois - My anatomy colouring books arrived in the mail yesterday!  Hmm, perhaps I should preface that statement with something.  Well, my mum and I were discussing human anatomy and how it's fascinating and the classes she took in college on the subject.  Apparently they used colouring books (albeit really detailed and scientifically informative ones) to learn anatomy and physiology!  Long story (except not really...) short, my mum ordered me both the anatomy and physiology colouring books, they arrived yesterday, and I stayed up far too late last night colouring skeletal and muscle systems.  It's awesome.

Quatre - I'm going to see Wicked!  Again!  The touring show is coming to a nearby city, so my family is going to see it tomorrow evening.  Better yet, Haley is coming along with us!  My brother decided he'd rather hang out with his friends than see a Broadway musical (psh, I don't know what his problem is!), so our extra ticket went to her, and I'm so glad.  It's the second time seeing this show for everyone but my father, but it was so fantastic the first time that there's no complaining here!  :)

Cinq - Speaking of Broadway musicals.... my mum, aunt, and I are going to see Les Misérables in Washington, D.C.!  This show, I've never seen before, but I absolutely adore the story and the music.  The tickets just arrived in the mail today, and I am so. thrilled.  Aieeeeeeee!  [The only sad part is that Haley can't come with me for this one.  Boo :( ]

I was going to apologise for the brevity of this post and excuse it because of my tiredness, but... this post isn't actually very short!  Haha, well then.  No apologies.

Cheers,
Shayli

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have quite an exciting time coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's for sure! Wicked was fantastic! I can't wait for Les Mis :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We loved Les Mis, it was an excellent production. We were amazed how quickly the show was over, despite the length...completely absorbing. I know you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome, I'm so excited! :)

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a comment.
Don't want to make my day? Leave a comment anyway!
Include your blog address and I'll take a look.