Thursday, 29 December 2011

the forgotten christmas post!












(And the pages have gilded edges!)






red sweater - Aeropostale (wince) // lace cami - also from Aeropostale (I think) // jeans - American Eagle // ballet flats - Nine West // scarf - Kohl's // coat - thrifted // earrings - a little shop in upstate New York

These were going to be posted on Christmas but I didn't ever get around to it - we had so much going on!  Well, not really - we went over to my auntie's again, and I played with my gifts, really.  But my gifts were rather distracting!!

First off, I got a new lens for my camera!  That's what took these photos :) It's a Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G and I love it to pieces.  Except not literally, because I want this lens to stay intact for as long as possible!  I also received a few (awesome) books, including all the Sherlock Holmes stories and Inheritance, the final book in Christopher Paolini's Inheritance used-to-be-trilogy.  And scarves!  Lots of scarves!  My brother got me a sweater from Aeropostale... I haven't shopped there in years (I view it as a store for young teens, and anyway there clothes aren't really my style anymore... nor were they ever.  Huh.) but I was determined to style it in a way that was me!  I think it works :)

So... I have several more posts planned out and I'm going to resist posting them right after this one (see, I had thought I'd already posted this stuff!) but maybe I'll cave in and post one.  They're about Christmassy bokeh lights, a creepily awesome old house, a trip to an actual mall with actual decent stores like Urban Outfitters and not just Target, and red lips!  Coming soon to a blog near you...

Cheers!
Shayli

6 comments:

  1. Elena thinks this (all of this) is very creative. Taylor says blue is your color. You look gorgeous as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely stunning!!! Blue makes your eyes pop!! xx

    Happy 2012!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! Happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice christmas-tree decorations.

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a comment.
Don't want to make my day? Leave a comment anyway!
Include your blog address and I'll take a look.