Friday, 23 December 2011

sivivon to play with and latkes to eat.

















My own spin on the Christmas tree, in my room :)

grey shirt - Simply Vera Vera Wang // vest - American Apparel // scarf - World Market // jeans - American Eagle // combat boots - Kohl's

Tonight is the fourth night of Hanukkah!  As I promised in my last post, here are the photos I took with my cousin :)  They're a couple of days late, but I don't think that decreases their adorable-ness one bit.

My family celebrates both Hanukkah and Christmas, because my father comes from a Jewish family and my mother from a Christian one.  While our family isn't particularly religious at all, we love both of the holidays and I feel really lucky to have been raised with two holidays that bring light to the wintertime.

The best part of the winter holidays, I think, is how we mix them together in my house.  We have fairy lights all over the interior of the house (we're not much for outside decorating) - they're wound around the Christmas tree, the staircase bannister, the several menorahs we have, and pretty much anywhere else they'll stay.  Tonight we're having a small Hanukkah party, complete with matzoh ball soup, latkes, and holiday crackers!  Haha - we're very untraditional, as you can see, but our own wacky traditions have always worked for us :)

Mmmm - I can smell the latkes downstairs.... positively mouthwatering!

Happy Hanukkah!  And also happy belated Solstice, and happy early Christmas, Kwanza, New Year, and the like, if I don't get around to another post before/on such holidays.  I'll try!

Cheers!
Shayli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to make my day? Leave a comment.
Don't want to make my day? Leave a comment anyway!
Include your blog address and I'll take a look.