Thursday, 12 January 2012

the fault in our stars.











blue long-sleeved dress (worn as a top-ish-thing) - Billabong // red floral dress - Aerie // scarf - brought back from Amsterdam // combat boots - Kohl's // tights - Target

This is the blog post where I tell you why I'm excited for tomorrow, la-la-la!


The reason is this book.  Well, kind of.  The author of The Fault in Our Stars, John Green, is on tour with his brother Hank, and they're coming to my area!  ("my area" is kind of a stretch... it's a few hours' drive, at least)  By "tour", I mean book signing, concert (Hank is a musician), increasing the awesomeness of the world, and lots of nerdiness.  After the event, my friends and I are staying with our friend Claire for her birthday, and we're going to wander around the city and get up to all sorts of hijinks, of course.


So I'm super excited :)


I would tell you all about the book, except that I know quite a few people who read this blog haven't read the book yet, and I don't want to spoil it for them!  (reading the Amazon summary should suffice, if you're interested)  Also I suck at writing book reviews (as evidenced in this post) so we'll skip the gushing.  Well, maybe a little bit.  But it was just so fantastic!  It arrived in the mail today (thank goodness - Amazon said it wouldn't arrive til the 19th!) and I immediately started reading.  And after about three hours' of sitting and absorbing the wonderful brilliance that is John Green's fiction, I finished!  I absolutely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys young adult [realistic] fiction.


Oh yeah - I should probably pack for tomorrow...  Grah, packing.  Anyway, good evening and have a lovely weekend!


Cheers,
Shayli

6 comments:

  1. Just came across your blog.You look lovely :)And the colors in this outfit- beautiful<3
    Am a new blogger around.
    Love
    Sehar

    http://sbique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sehar! I just looked by your blog, and you have a fabulous sense of style as well - loved the sweater and scarf combo :)

      Delete
  2. sounds like such a fun weekend! & your dress is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch, Abby! [Ooh, I like this new "reply" feature Blogger has!] I had an absolutely marvellous time - tons of photos in a post to follow!

      Delete
  3. I know I just commented on your chictopia, but I thought I should say hi here as well! So, Hello! :) Sounds like a fun weekend! Hopefully you have a great time!!

    XX! Michelle
    www.lovemeesh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Michelle, thank you for coming to visit my blog all the way from Chictopia-land! Thank you very much :)

      Delete

Want to make my day? Leave a comment.
Don't want to make my day? Leave a comment anyway!
Include your blog address and I'll take a look.