Saturday, 28 January 2012

multidimensional.










striped shirt - Kohl's // houndstooth dress - thrifted vintage // scarf - actually a sarong I bought at the beach years ago // tights - Target // combat boots - Kohl's // satchel - Cambridge Satchel Company


Greetings from Super-Crazy Pattern-Mixing Land!  I wore this a couple of days ago when my eyes were really red and irritated by my contact lenses, in hopes that the mad print-mixing would distract people from my otherwise demonic appearance.  It didn't work as well as I'd hoped, but I've been having a lot of fun with mixing patterns lately anyhow - and I can't wait to continue it into spring!  I'll admit, I felt a little bit like a preschooler in this outfit... but hey, I had fun in preschool.  It's not a bad thing.


I originally put the 3-D glasses on because I wasn't going to take outfit pictures, I just needed a photo for my 366 (not 365, it's a leap year) photo project - one photo every day for the whole year.  But after a couple of photos, I realised that it would be silly not to take outfit pictures, seeing as I already had the tripod out and everything.  Se here they are, 3-D glasses and all!  Maybe with these glasses on, my red eyes are less noticeable.


The satchel you see in these photos?  The beautiful black one that looks a little bit navy and a lot bit gorgeous?  It arrived the day before these photos, all the way from the UK!  I had been lusting over one of these amazing handmade bags for months, so when my grandmother sent me money for Christmas/Hanukkah, I used it to buy myself this satchel from the Cambridge Satchel Company.  It's their classic bag, size 15", and it even fits [nearly] everything I need to bring to school!  Which is, by the way, impressive in the extreme.  It's a little stiff right now, as leather tends to be, but I know it'll loosen up with use, and I'll be carrying this beauty around for years to come.


Shayli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to make my day? Leave a comment.
Don't want to make my day? Leave a comment anyway!
Include your blog address and I'll take a look.