Friday, 6 January 2012

pensiveness and parcels.

I stayed home sick from school today.  While I really should have used the day to catch up on schoolwork or study for exams or something, I enjoyed just having the house to myself and took advantage of the slow-paced day.  Sometimes it's nice to just be able to linger at the breakfast table with a book for as long as you please.

And, of course, I had to document my day in photos :) 



Breakfast time!  Cinnamon raison toast and honeybell oranges with tea, mmm.




After breakfast, my parcel from Urban Outfitters arrived!  I'd bought myself a few things with a gift card I'd received for Christmas/Hanukkah, and I was excited to open everything!  Getting parcels in the mail is like the holidays all over again :)


First up, Smith's lip balms!  I've been using their Rosebud Salve (blue tin) for months, and I absolutely love it.  Not only is it great for keeping my lips un-chapped in the wintertime, but I also put it on my cuticles to prevent them from looking raggedy and sad.  The Rosebud Salve basically does everything!


The other two lip balms, Strawberry (gold tin) and Minted Rose (white tin), are specifically for lips and not random other things, but they're great as well.  The strawberry smells so sweet it took considerable self-control to keep myself from tasting it!  And I love all things mint, so the minted rose lip balm was fabulous.


They're all amazing and super-moisturising, and provide a teeny sheer bit of colour.


And they came all together in this little box - how cute!


The second item was this scented candle!  I actually ordered it just so my order would qualify for free shipping, but I'm so glad I did.  It smells absolutely divine - a little citrus-y, a little vanilla-y, and a lot wonderful!  The scent is already starting to spread throughout my room, after burning it just once.



And finally, this ring!  When I saw it on UO's website, I was immediately struck by 1) its uniqueness, and 2) how much it looks like Bellatrix Lestrange's necklace from the Harry Potter movies!  Bellatrix is one of my favourite villains ever, so of course I had to have this ring.

 

I was wary of buying a ring online, because so often they turn out to be flimsy and poorly made; however, this ring had fabulous reviews about how people were surprised at its good quality, so I decided to go for it.  I'm glad I did!  It's not flimsy at all, but rather very sturdy and of a comfortable weight.  My parents think it's incredibly creepy and oxymoronic for a vegetarian to have a bird scull on her finger, but I think it's pretty nifty :)



This book came in a separate parcel yesterday!  It's called Last Words of Notable People, by William B. Brahms.  Thomas Edison's last words were, "It's very beautiful over there."


I also received a pretty calendar in the mail, but for some reason Blogger isn't letting me upload the photo or link it.  But it's especially lovely because I love to travel, and each month showcases a city or country in the world to travel to, with little detail photos above every day!  January's city is New Orleans.


Allie's such a sweetheart, he kept me company :)

I hope your Friday was lovely as well!  I apologise for the lack of outfit posts this week, but I just had a lot to do that got in the way of that.  Next week, or perhaps this weekend, I shall fix that!

Cheers,
Shayli

2 comments:

  1. Those are some very nice goodies you git there :)Hope you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Leave a comment.
Don't want to make my day? Leave a comment anyway!
Include your blog address and I'll take a look.