Wednesday, 15 February 2012

five things [in which it still isn't a tuesday... oops.]

I am so bad at this whole scheduled post thing.  Apologies.  Maybe next week I'll get it right?


all images found on Pinterest.


1. mint nail polish.
Right now I'm wearing Essie's Turquoise & Caicos, which is a little more, well, turquoise than mint... but it's the closest I've got at the moment!  I really love the pastels popping up for spring - there's something very sweet and feminine and old world about them, and not saccharine at all when done right.  Love love love!


2. scented candles.
You've read my raving about scented candles, haven't you?  If you haven't, you've been spared - I'm rather obsessed.  The candles pictured above are from Diptyque, and I'm really excited because when I'm in San Fransisco over spring break, I am definitely stopping in their store to smell all the candles!




3. bees.
For my father's birthday, my brother and I gave him books about beekeeping.  I think he got the hint, because now we're considering having bees this spring!  I think it's a positively brilliant idea, because you get free honey, excellent flower pollination, super smart insects buzzing around, and they're super low-maintenance (hence the smarts) so they don't restrict travel :)




4. San Fransisco!
And speaking of travel: my family and I are going to San Fransisco in the spring!  My parents met whilst in chiropractic college in California, so it's a special place to them.  I've only been twice in my life, once when I was an infant and once when I was thirteen.  I'm so excited to see the city and its surrounding amazingness again!




5. apricot.
Along with mint and neutrals, I think apricot is my favourite colour for spring.  It's so fresh and clean, yet again has that old world feel to it that makes me think of sunshine and lace.  Or maybe I've just got cabin fever, and am desperately ready for spring!


Shayli

2 comments:

  1. Your blog makes me happy. ^_^
    I'm happy to have a fellow mint, apricot, and scented candle lover. xx
    Just started following!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following, Theresa! I'm so glad my blog makes you happy, and that someone else shares my love of scented candles :D

      Delete

Want to make my day? Leave a comment.
Don't want to make my day? Leave a comment anyway!
Include your blog address and I'll take a look.