Wednesday, 8 February 2012

five things [maybe it's tuesday, somewhere in the universe].

You may have noticed that this is Wednesday, not Tuesday.  Well, to be fair, I did post something yesterday!  Just not a five things post.  So there.


Images 1, 3, and 5 found on we♥it.  Images 2, 4 and 6 found on Pinterest.


1. flowers.
These upper-50s to mid-60s days are making me shift into spring-mode far too early.  It's only February, for goodness' sake!  Yet I find myself wishing flowers would start to appear in the fields and on the side of the road.  Crocuses always make me sad, because they inevitably die with the frost... but spring brings such beautiful flowers!


2. old books.
Looking through Pinterest had me nearly drooling at the sight of all the gorgeous libraries filled with old books and dusty arm chairs.  While some of my old books are actually for reading, a lot of them I buy just for the smell, or the paper, or the cover - they're excellent for pressing flowers, too (another reason why spring needs to arrive quickly)!  I'm lucky in that there are so many independent used bookshops in my area, so I can shop for old books to my heart's content.


3. instagram.
If you follow me on Instagram (I'm paintedmagnolias, if you don't!), you'll know that I post far too many photos when I'm bored.  But it's just so addictive!  It's probably the only app I use regularly, besides Facebook and Pandora.


4. being organised.
Ever since I cleared my closet of all its accumulated junk, and gave away a ton of stuff (as well as re-organised my room, too!), my mind has felt more at ease as well.  I'm not a super-neat person, but there's something about having a beautiful, organised space that helps clear my head.  Know what I mean?


5. braids.
I know I'm a little late on this trend (is it a trend?  I'm so bad with trends.  I just like things), but I'm super excited to grow my hair out so I can try some crazy braids!  I'm hoping that by growing it longer, the curl won't die too much... but that's what my favourite stylist Cinna is for!  I trust him to help me take care of my hair, whatever its length.  This is why it's great to have a wonderful stylist.  And I actually need to see him again soon, if just for a trim and to say hi...


6. sleeping in!
Oh, look, an extra!  That's my apology for being a day late, are you happy now?  But seriously - last night I got four hours of sleep, and that's basically the norm on which I've been operating for the past two weeks.  Manageable, but not fun.  Not fun at all.


I am so ready for spring break!  How about you?


Shayli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to make my day? Leave a comment.
Don't want to make my day? Leave a comment anyway!
Include your blog address and I'll take a look.